Your Name

Dear Baby,

I think Daddy and I have finally decided on a name for you. We've sort of known your first name for a while now, but I think we've got it all figured out.

Last Name: Bruton

What a great last name you get! So many good men have this last name, and you will continue on a great tradition of Bruton gentlemen.

Middle Name: Charles

We wanted to choose something literary, so I sat and made a list of any literary or historical name that I liked. It was a list of about 20 names, and I starred the ones I liked. Charles was actually written at the top, though I did not star it, but it was Daddy's favorite. When Daddy said he liked it I said "really? That would be a good one!" Charles is also a family name on the Bruton side and with the Schofield's--Papa's Grandpa Schofield was named Charles, and I loved him.

So you get a family name, and you are officially named after Charles Dickens, one of our favorite authors.

First Name: Peter

Peter is a name I have liked for a long time. But to me, you will always be named after our Cambridge friend, Dr. Peter Martland. He was like a grandfather to us while we lived in Cambridge, and has been a special part of our lives for almost a decade. He helped me with my research the first time we were at Cambridge and we keep in close touch.

The names I had originally picked out for you were James or Joshua. But Daddy didn't love either of those, and I just wasn't 100% sure on them either. And then one day I said, "What about Peter?" And I got a very warm feeling in my heart and I realized that was the first time I had said out loud that felt RIGHT. Daddy liked it, he also said it felt right. So that has been your name for a few weeks now.



I can't wait to hold you, little one. I can't wait to have Daddy present you before the Lord and give you a name and a blessing, where these names will become a special part of your identity. You will be named after some great men, and remembering them and what they stood for will, I hope, help guide you in your life.

Love,

Mommy

34 Weeks and 2 Days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 Week Appointment

Orange Popsicles

20 week appointment